Maple smoked ham with Boréale Rousse
MAPLE SMOKED HAM WITH BORÉALE ROUSSE
PREPARATION: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 3 to 4 hours
2 green onions
5 garlic cloves
2 Gala apples
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 knob of butter
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2-3 branches of thyme
2 pinches of sea salt
2kg smoked ham
3 tsp dijon mustard
¼ cup maple syrup
Fresh ground pepper
341 ml bottle of Boréale rousse
- Finely chop onion, green onion and garlic cloves.
- Cut apples in quarters. Brown in vegetable oil onion, green onion, garlic and apples for 2 minutes. Add spices, salt and thyme. Mix and simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix mustard and half of the maple syrup. Slather ham with the mixture on both sides. Add pepper.
- Pin cloves in the ham then place it on onion and apple mixture in the slow-cooker. Add beer and the rest of the maple syrup.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours.
Note : This dish is excellent when accompanied with creamy coleslaw, rosemary potatoes and a delicious Boréale Rousse beer.