Art & Culture
Create your own wooden beer case
What you need
- Wooden beam cut approximately to the following dimensions: 6″ x 8″ x 10″
- Hole saw with a 2.5″ diameter
- Wood chisel
- Leather straps (optional)
Do it yourself
- Depending on the exact dimensions of your beam, measure and mark the center of the six drill holes for your case of beer, knowing that they will have a diameter of 2.5 inches and that there must be space between each hole.
- Use the hole saw to drill the holes that will be used to keep the beers in place.
- Clear holes with the wood chisel.
- Test with beer bottles and adjust the holes with sandpaper if necessary. The bottles should fit tightly.
- If desired, shape straps using old pieces of leather or rope.
To see Alexandre Raymond, founder of Vieux Bois, in action while creating the original case, view his documentary video by clicking here.
To learn more about Vieux Bois, visit vieuxbois.ca.